Thursday, April 1, 2010

April Fool's With a Personal Touch

Blizzard's April Fools jokes are generally a good chuckle, but this year's really had a personal touch with the armory! Today, everyone is a tuskarr, and I admit I have to wonder about the amount of work that had to go into this.

Generally all the armor has to be fitted and refitted to each race so that it looks all right. Yes, you can just stretch the graphic, but that sometimes results in things looking a little funny. In the case of this joke, it looks like the graphics were just stretched, but most of the time they're serviceable enough. These are tuskarr after all, and anything put of them will probably look rather dumpy.

So, without further ado... I present, Tuskarr Hana!



The pants look stretched a little tight on her for leather, but the strangest thing has got to be the moustache! Perhaps female tuskarr sport them as well? The shoulders look all right though. She also, oddly enough, has a shield.

And let's see how Tuskarr Gillien fared!



Isn't that a nice tuskarr casting pose? (Do tuskarr even cast anything in game? I can't remember.) You can see where the stretching the graphic didn't work too well on him. That's a really odd... um... bulge in his pants. You'd think his tabard would have come down far enough to cover it, but... hm... not sure what to say about that.

I guess if tuskarr were paladins, this is what they'd look like. He's also sporting the tuskarr shield, which I'm guessing all the models do. Even my guildie's hunter has one.

I didn't snap any screens of them with their weapons, but the weapons are scaled ridiculously small. My paladin's mace looks like a toy hammer when held by his tuskarr alter ego.

No comments: