Sunday, April 12, 2009

Woohoo! Project Complete!

I'm done. I can't believe, but I'm done.

The blog hasn't been much of my focus lately because for the past two weeks I'd become increasingly concentrated on the Blizzard Creative Writing Contest. I had long hoped that Blizzard might offer something like that since I have no talent for fanart or comics, but I do know writing.

Less than an hour ago I submitted my short story for Blizzard's consideration, and though I don't know if I'll win, it was a manic personal triumph. Never have I written like this before. I was up past 3am last night putting my draft through its paces. And the feel of how I refined my story with each and every draft, I just can't describe it...

I've grown as a writer. I've never made so much progress on a story so quickly before.

I'd like to give shout-outs to my Flower Street writing workshop (who I know do not read this blog but have taught me so much about writing in recent months) and to my guildmate Cursedhoof (who probably doesn't read this blog either, but that's okay). He bravely went through not one, but two drafts today, the second of which was around dinnertime, helping me catch last minute mistakes and redundancies. If I somehow manage to win, a big part of that will be thanks to him!

3 comments:

Klepsacovic said...

Which universe? Can you give any idea of your topic? We (also I and myself) demand info!

Best of luck!

Win or lose, you still gained something.

Unknown said...

I was wondering when you would update again. This is great news to hear. I have entered a few writing contests and I can say that no matter what happens, just entering feels so good.

I really hope you do well in this contest, I like the way you write.

-Kanti

Hana said...

Hehe... I entered using World of Warcraft since it's the game I know best. I've played the Diablo series as well, but I just haven't lived in it as much as WoW.

As for the topic, I decided to work a little with what had been my favorite moment in TBC, the redemption of the blood elves, and then tie it into the events happening in Northrend.

The result is a blood elf paladin, still reeling from the fact he really *is* a paladin in the truest sense of the word, who is sent to Northrend on a mission to find a traitor who had joined the Scourge; a traitor who not so long ago was a person not so different from him.