Thursday, April 2, 2009

I'm Scraptacular?

Klepsacovic from Troll Racials are Overpowered tagged me with a meme. I have no idea where this thing started (I tracked it back through 3-4 blogs and decided to quit while I was ahead), but apparently it goes as thus:

"This award is bestowed upon a fellow blogger whose blog content or design is, in the giver’s opinion, brilliant."


1. When accepting this auspicious award, you must write a post bragging about it, including the name of the misguided soul who thinks you deserve such acclaim, and link back to the said person so everyone knows she/he is real.

2. Choose a minimum of seven (7) blogs that you find brilliant in content or design. Or improvise by including bloggers who have no idea who you are because you don’t have seven friends. Show the seven random victims’ names and links and leave a harassing comment informing them that they were prized with Honest Weblog. Well, there’s no prize, but they can keep the nifty icon.

3. List at least ten (10) honest things about yourself. Then pass it on!



So now I have to find people to tag who haven't already been tagged by other people... (It's the not tagged by other people that's the hard part.) Well, I can give it a shot. Let's pick a few "lucky" people!


You've Been Tagged!

Altosis - Though the Alt Doctor presumably plays a lot of alts, since I've started reading his blog he's mostly discussed his main; druid. Lots of musings, with a stronger PvP flavor than most druid blogs.
Ardent Defender - I suspect Galo will not participate since he's reduced his gaming presence, but his blog was one of the originals that got me interested in the practice and even on his new, more limited posting basis, I still like reading what he has to say.
Lienna's Log - Lienna was a survival-spec hunter back before survival was popular, and having been a moonkin before moonkin were considered viable, I can completely relate.
Lorecrafted - I really like the lore behind the game, and Tharion's blog is pretty much the only one I've found that really goes in depth with it.
Of Teeth and Claws - Karthis was the first feral druid blogger that really gave me a good idea of the mechanics behind bear tanking. I hardly bear tank anything, but for when I do, I know how!
ThinkTank - Kalon usually writes from a bear perspective, but he's done plenty of warrior, paladin, and what is perhaps an excess of kitty posts, presenting a more balanced view of tanking in general.
Tree Bark Jacket - Keeva's a resto druid and sports one of the spiffiest UIs I've seen. She's been doing a series of Grid vs. Healbot comparision posts I really like.


Ten honest things about myself? What could possibly be that interesting?

1. I'm a published fiction writer. Nothing terribly amazing, but I've had about a dozen short stories published (yes, for pay). I usually write science fiction and fantasy.

2. I work in the video game industry. No, not for Blizzard. I don't have friends at Blizzard either. I know people who have left my company and have gone to Blizzard, but they didn't work in the same department as me so it's not like I knew them well enough to bug them for inside info. One of them is in HR anyway and HR isn't exactly who you go to for the inside scoop.

3. I went to Germany and lived with a host family while taking language classes after I graduated from college. Most people do this sort of thing in high school or college, but apparently not me!

4. I'm a role-player. Not in that I play an RP server and such, but I just can't play a game where I create my own character without having a concept behind it. Before I can play, I need to know something about who I'm playing. Hence Hana is a peacenick druid who has 0 HKs her entire career, yet I don't mind PvP-ing with just about any other character I have. I also play D&D and other table-top forms of RPing. You haven't lived until you've tried RPing a game of Clue.

5. I love to eat fish. It's just hard to find a way to prepare fish that disagrees with me. Sushi, broiled, fried, steamed... I just like my food with fins on it.

6. I've studied three different foreign languages; Spanish (high school), German (college), and Japanese (also in college). This has created awkward situations for me where I sometimes remember a word in one language, but not the one I'm actually trying to speak or write in at the moment.

7. I'm third generation Han Chinese. My grandparents were the ones to leave China, though they took different paths in coming to the US (if at all).

8. Aside from my PC, the Nintendo DS is my current favorite game system. I love its portability and the fact I can play in bed. WoW's fun, but you just can't snuggle up with it.

9. I can't stand tours when I travel. If I go someplace, I need to be able to get around on my own and explore at my leisure. This includes foreign countries. To a lesser degree I suppose this applies to WoW. I only go to Wowhead for a quest as a last resort. Half the fun for me is figuring things out on my own.

10. My favorite set of chores is doing yardwork. Trimming the bushes, mowing the lawn, even pulling the weeds, is much more preferable for me than anything I could be doing inside the house. Besides, it gets me outside.

No comments: