Tuesday, June 16, 2009

[Paladin] New Paladin-Only Charger Mount in Patch 3.2

So says Blizzard

New Mount: A new Argent Crusade paladin-only charger will be available.


This is regarding patch 3.2. Other fine paladin blogs have already posted about this.

For me this presents a bit of a quandary. Gillien is my 80 paladin who I very much enjoy playing whether it's as a raid tank, raid healer, or BG/arena healer. But he is not my main; at least not from a progression raiding standpoint.

The Argent Tournament has not been that interesting to me. I have attained champion status on my druid for Thunder Bluff, started doing the valiant dailies for Orgrimmar, but have lacked the motivation to finish them. I just don't like flying all over the continent getting swords and the mounted combat is boring. It takes too long and there's not enough strategy to make it interesting.

To get this paladin mount I'd have to put more work into my alt than my main and it will involve doing tons of dailies I don't really care for.

Granted, I did do this before with the Netherwing faction, because I adored the idea of getting him a nether dragon mount. Though he has other epic mounts, to this day Malfas (yes, I remember the name of the purple drake) is the only flying mount that resides on my paladin's action bar.

I'm not sure the charger mount will get the same react from me where I like it so much I'll sink a lot of my time into getting it. I'll have to know for certain what it's going to look like. So far people are just guessing and it's a lot harder grinding rep for dailies with a full schedule of raids and arenas. When I did Netherwing it was during the pre-WotLK lull when my last guild had pretty much broken up/stopped raiding.

No comments: