Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Arena Rating and Point Requirements Borked

I'm not sure if this is uniformly the case across all servers, especially since the official forums are quite locked down at the moment due to the mail crisis, but at least on Skywall Horde the arena vendors seem to have gone nuts.

For instance, [Brutal Gladiator's Ornamented Guards] are now a 1850 rated piece of armor, and several of the S4 weapons have no rating at all. I hear of people buying S2 gear completely free.

Personally there's just one item I wanted to get, more as a momento than anything else with my leftover arena points, but now that [Vengeful Gladiator's Ornamented Headcover] is out of reach. What used to be a 1500 point item with no rating requirement is now 1875 with a requirement of 1850.



I know Blizzard has a lot going on right now and really this was just a momento I wanted, but still... I hope this gets fixed before Gillien goes to Northrend. I want my paladin halo! Fortunately I plan on taking Hana up first, so if Blizzard needs a few days hammer out the issues I can afford to wait a while.

3 comments:

Heywood Djiblomi said...

I was looking for confirmation that the free S2 gear, etc., wasn't confined to my server (Steamwheedle Cartel). And, you have provided it. While the thought of picking up some free loot was tempting - it could conceivably be considered exploitation, and now would be about the worst time to get smacked with the 3-day ban stick.

Heywood Djiblomi said...

Oh, and one more thing - "borked" is an understatement of epic proportions.

Hana said...

Hahaha... "Borked" was the nicest thing I could call it. I was kicking myself for not picking up my souvenier halo the night before, when I totally could have, but I forgot since I didn't have a lot of playtime Monday night.

I hear everything is fixed though, so providing arena points and gear don't disappear until I ding 71 I ought be able to pick up my halo after tonight (though whether or not that'll be before or after I have WotLK in my hands I don't know).