Tuesday, October 7, 2008

…and the moonkin rejoiced!

Yes, there was rejoicing. Ghostcrawler announced a much needed slimming of the Balance tree that will give moonkin everywhere a little more flexibility with their specs.


Moonfury and Earth and Moon down to 3 ranks from 5, but keeping the same overall benefit. That buys you 4 extra talent points to get more utility or fun talents.

We are also going to buff Eclipse's damage a little so that you feel you're paid back for the extra proc-watching (and so I won't feel so lonely when I tell you I think it's fun).


The extra talent points would be much appreciated. I had pretty much given up on including Force of Nature in my Northrend build, which saddened me, but now I think I'll be able to squeeze it in. I also can consider getting Gale Winds and I just might get Nature's Splendor as well to extend the duration of my dots (though I'm sure that'll mess with my cast cycle…).

Happy days!

I still have mixed feelings about Eclipse, even if they continue to buff the damage a little more, but I am amused that Ghostcrawler at least acknowledges that she's holds something of a minority point of view.

What I dislike is that the proc is crit dependant. If I'm chain casting that means I'm already on my next spell by the time I see the proc, and then if I try switching mid-cast rotation to take advantage of the buffed spell I'll probably end up clipping my dots. If I wait until my rotation is done then I'll have wasted what could have been a fair portion of the buff. This just seems like it'll make it extremely difficult for me to maximize my dps. I'll constantly be losing opportunities as I try to adapt.

So for now I'm still going to leave Eclipse out of my talent tree, but if it gets good word of mouth in Live I may reconsider. There's still plenty of time before 80.

No comments: